Wednesday, January 17, 2007

i was on TV!

not last night but the night before, i saw myself on network TV, on the 11 o'clock news, right after "the golden globes." it was a little story about the night called cringe. not only was i shown as a member of the audience, they chose to display me as the ridiculous laughing girl. big old close-up of ME, laughing my ass off. it was sorta funny to see my face that big on television but also a little embarrassing. whatever, i was on TV!

i thought i was probably the only person who saw it, as i just happened upon the story on the news that night, but no! a couple friends saw it too. one of which was a long lost friend who sent me this hilarious email (which describes my "guffawing" to a tee):

I saw you on NBC 11 o'clock news last night. You probably already know this, but you were in Brooklyn at one of those diary readings. You were in full close-up doing what I would describe as a first-rate guffaw!!!

Really, it was a guffaw. Not a belly laugh, and not a snicker - a full on, bending forward, throwing head toward the ground,
hair covering face, and then snap!! Back up you came all pearly-whites and bright eyes. You are a good laugher. You can be an extra in my movies anytime.

Anyway, I guess you're back in NY. Too bad it takes Sue Simmons and the entire News 4 Team for me to know your where abouts,
but you can't say that they're not doing they're job. Those hacks at CBS, not to mention CNN, would never have delivered you to me so efficiently and lovingly and carefully packaged and presented. Yer cute!!! (from Jamie Hawkins)

1 comment:

Chase Carter said...

first of all- I love that I know the author. second I love that I read it without realizing it was him- I imagined the wisest wittiest little new yorker type ever- one of those little brilliant fuckers. And what a smile to realize that it's just another asshole la-er doing a winter ny stint...

fantastic. very pleased.