Friday, November 03, 2006

and now for something completely different

it’s been way too long. a jumble of a crazy work schedule, halloween insanity, making travel plans, adjusting to a new live-in relationship that happens to be a long distance situation, etc, etc has kept me too busy/tired to write. basically, it's been a couple nutty months.
so for work... i’ve been doing my thing freelance style and it’s been fine. nothing spectacular. just fine. kinda going with the flow whilst paying the bills but am definitely losing some steam, if truth be told. i’ve been looking to do a little something different. still in graphics world, but with an influence in film/tv/commericals. been talking about trying to do that full-time for some time now but haven’t had the time/desire to start a whole new something. well, the time has come. i’m taking a risk: i'll be taking a month off to put off the projects that give me an income and am going to focus on starting the new business. gonna brand my company, give myself a shiny new website and start getting on the horn to acquire the contacts i'll need in order to succeed at this new venture. it’s a big undertaking, but i’m up for the challenge.
that brings me to the long distance relationship. i met martin in july while he was working here. he happens to be my good friend lucy’s cousin and lives in london (that's a whole other story). we’ve been hanging both there and here (mostly here) and i’m about to hop on a plane and fly back with him to london to live/work there for a month. pretty exciting stuff! thus, i will be dedicating my days to working on the new business... away from my usual every day distractions. i’m psyched to actually get this all going. love and career and travel. all the good and important things in life coming together.
i hope to continue the blogging from there to keep y’all posted on my adventures. i hope to do a fair amount of clubbing cuz that’s what i do best in london. so funny, i kinda fell out of that world in NY, but when i was back there in august, i got a taste of what i was so obsessed with music-wise, back in the day and i was happy all over again. kinda stoked to have the option of going to hear my favorite dj’s/musicians whenever i want. should be good. and martin is also planning to take me to the wild parts of scotland (the place where he feels most free). how cool is that? all in all, i’m one lucky lady.
ps--dont’ make fun of me if i start writing like how madonna sounds now, ok? pip pip

No comments: