Friday, November 17, 2006

a day in the life

fitting title, as i'm sitting here listening to the beatles. just took a walk to my work space at greg's and back to martin's. mart is out on photo shoots today so i have the place to myself. nice to work on the big screen (that damn laptop isn't the best to work on).

anyway, i took a few shots of some scenes of shoreditch... my walk from greg's and back to martin's. pretty cool hood i gotta say. lovely old buildings with trendy shops. me likey.

i got to hang out with ayian (wanna's sister) last night. hadn't seen her in ages. we couldn't even remember the last time. was it in brazil or new years in london 4 or 5 years ago? was great to see her though. ayian was my original intro to the london music scene when i stayed with her in 1999 (i think). she took me around to all the best clubs and record stores and shops and restaurants in town. made me fall in love with this city. it was just so different from LA and i loved the energy of the music lovers here. i was obsessed. she and i have both pretty much grown out of the club thing. i mean we still love good music but our obsessiveness about what label was releasing the latest greatest track has since diminished. sure is fun to reminisce though, laughing at our old gilles days.

we had a yummy vietnamese dinner down the street then did some bar hopping around here. this sure is the spot. kinda reminds me of williamsburg with some groovy bar/club on every corner. fun times. like i said, i am excited to start exploring this weekend though. martin and i are planning to go hiking boot shopping tomorrow, as he's taking me to scotland to go trekking. good times ahead...

2 comments:

Ariel said...

Ooh, treks in Scotland! I can't wait to see the pix with the green turned up to 11.

Chase Carter said...

i'm liking what I am hearing. keep it coming...