Tuesday, November 02, 2004

t.t.f.n. (ta ta for now)

it's after 1am and i've just finished a mighty hectic day of last minute getting my shit together. i must have packed and re-packed the backpack i borrowed from jessical about 10 times. adding and subtracting various items. thank god for my mom. when i called her and told her i was bringing 7 t-shirts she said "you only need 2!" only 2 t-shirts for a whole month? impossible! i ended up with 4 t-shirts, 1 tank top, 1 mid-sleeve, 1 long sleeve, 1 hoodie, 1 pair of jeans, 1 pair of pants-shorts combo (so ugly!), 1 skirt and 1 cute "going out top."

i have to say, this was my most difficult packing job yet. i'm not an overly heavy packer, but i like to have cute things if i'm going to a city and practical things if i'm going to be in nature and i'm usually going somewhere with one kind of climate. this time i had to pack for hot and cold, cities and camping! and for a month! i think i chose wisely. the other thing was when i tried on jessica's pack, it was WAY too heavy. so i tried the stuff in my old shitty pack, which was MUCH lighter and more roomy for some reason (thanks anyway jess!). so my tired old pack will come along with me one more time. seems fitting.

the rest of the to do's on my ever-so-long to do list have been crossed off for the most-part. tomorrow, i have these to take care of:
1. vote
2. finish cleaning (blah!)
3. hide valuables
4. leave notes for my subletter
5. deal with the shit on my desk
6. delete old emails clogging inbox
7. get halloween pics online (time pending)
8. take out trash
9. get on subway, go to JFK

not too bad. i'm just praying the line at my polling place isn't too long. i should have done the absentee thing, but there's just something about actually going in person and punching those chads. ha!

i also got a bunch of lovely bon voyage phone calls and emails today. i'm feeling very loved these days which is a good feeling, especially when embarking on a solo trip. i'm in a very good place right now. i'm happy. i'm not escaping anything. i'm just going to check out a new country, meet some new people, and hopefully learn some new things about myself and the world around me. i have absolutely no expectations. i suppose because i honestly don't know what to expect. and that makes me giddy with excitement. it's a new experiment, jumping in blindly.

wish me luck. and if you don't mind, send some white light and positive energy my way (this is, of course if you have any left after sending all that energy into the universe for a new president elect tomorrow).

No comments: