Monday, April 11, 2005

D.I.Y.

sorry for the lack of posts lately. honestly i haven't had much to report. just been working my little hiney off. so many projects and too little time. happy to be back into a good work flow through. been quite productive and feel good for it.

not only have i accomplished design projects, but this weekend also proved to be very rewarding in the D.I.Y. department. my grandma's old house has been for sale for some time and hasn't sold yet. i've sort of been in charge of getting it in shape so that it will sell more quickly and my mom and i took care of business over the weekend. i've never done so much manual labor and i must admit, i liked it. working with my hands, planting little plants in the yard, raking, making a cool planter, screwing in hardware, priming and painting a deck and on and on. the place looks ten million times better than it did and i just hope the damn thing sells soon. think good thoughts.

i think it's hilarious that upon entering the 30s, i have more than one friend dealing with real estate. both buying and selling. i remember hearing my parents talking about escrow and refinancing and equity and interest rates and never knowing what any of it meant. now all of a sudden, i do! guess it's all just part of growing up.

No comments: