Thursday, July 07, 2005

4 frenchies and me on a boat

so the weekend sailing trip was just that... a trip.
it was actually quite nice. i honestly had no idea what to expect but the boys that i didn't know were all perfectly nice gentleman. it was by no means a party boat. it was all quite civilized, very well-organized and planned out. i didn't have to do much but sit around on the deck of the boat and be served white wine and fancy french cheeses.
the views were all quite lovely... the long island sound had so many fancy homes along the water. pretty incredible. all that sailing around with civilized french bankers looking at big fancy homes sorta made me crave "the good life." but really really thinking about it and all the b.s. that goes with that lifestyle made me change my tune.

sure, it'd be nice to have the finer things in life, but is that what life is really all about? i don't think so. i realized i enjoy that stuff from time to time, but if you have it all the time you just stop appreciating it. funny how that little trip helped me figure out what is important and what i do and don't need to be happy. nice!

unfortunately i don't have any good speedo orgy stories. like i said, there was no funny business. if it had been me and my friends i'm sure the ride would have been a little more rocky, so to speak. it was rather enjoyable to be out on the water under the summer sun but i would have done it a little differently. let's just leave it like that.

my actual 4th was lovely. brunch with my friend followed by a fun afternoon in the park and then rooftop fireworks watching from my friend's place in greenpoint. it was the perfect viewing spot. totally unobstructed, big bursts of wonderment right in front of us. loved!!

and then last night was a fantastic show at S.O.B.'s... fertile ground (my faves!) and amp fiddler. if you ever have a chance to see fertile ground play live, GO!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

echo park misses you. it was the lotus festival this weekend, and fire works are still going off from the 4th. it sounded like a war zone last week. amazing from a roof top, but really scarey on land.
sailing sounds awsome. that is my dream! jared and i bought a canoe resently, so i guess i will start there.
missing you lots.
damaris

Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I also have a site about mac n cheese recipes
. You can check it out at mac n cheese recipes



Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder