Friday, December 16, 2005

full speed ahead

i found a therapist. that i really like. and i'm actually (can't believe i'm going to say this) excited about this new endevour. i always thought therapy was so self-indulgent. that you just go on and on about your problems and the therapist says "uh huh, uh huh. and how did that make you feel?" sounded so boring. i was much happier keeping my own crap shoved deep down or bitching about my issues to my friends. but this time, the pain was so bad, i couldn't ignore it any longer and i knew it was time.

i was refered to a woman by a friend. she came highly recommended, so i set up an appointment earlier this week. i was nervous to go, not knowing anything about her or how therapy worked for that matter. but as soon as she opened the door, i knew i liked her. a good sign. she basically just wanted to get to know me a little bit to see if we were a "fit." it was hard to talk about myself at first, but once i got more comfortable i started to ramble on about this and that. and she already had some interesting insight. i immediately felt better. not that my problems were instantly solved, but just knowing that i was taking steps to dealing with all the stuff i usually choose to ignore. progress for 2006 i say! we'll see where this all goes. but i'm just happy to know that i'm taking action instead of whining about my life and feeling sorry for myself.

1 comment:

Ariel said...

Hooray! I always knew that when you were ready to dig into your shit, that you'd realize AVOIDING digging into it is actually harder sometimes than just getting into it. Here's to uncovering all sorts of exciting things about yourself.