Monday, December 26, 2005

just what the doctor ordered

6 days of rest and relaxation in sunny california have proven to be just the right medicine for getting my old self back on track. this xmas has been really nice. i didn't stress out about buying gifts or making gifts. i spent about one day on each task which isn't bad compared to what normally happens. the family situation has been relatively stress-free too. i mean there's the usual guilt that comes up but i've been actively trying not to let it get to me.

xmas day was nice as well. opening presents (loaded up on the goods... including some essential items for my apartment and the coveted travel backpack for my upcoming trips), dinner with family and family friends, a visit by more local friends for dessert, and yummy holiday martinis that got me well-toasted (made the day go rather smoothly). no drama or arguments ensued. and it turned into a lovely 75 degree day. not too shabby.

all in all i'm feeling pretty darn good. no bad thoughts clouding my mind. and i'm excited for my little excursion to LA to visit some of my favorite people. i'm expecting some rowdy times ahead. i'm thinking this trip may be the perfect combo of vegging out and partying. woo-hoo.

No comments: