Tuesday, December 20, 2005

transit strike

no work for me today. well, not at the office at least. i'm telecommuting from home which is nice. i'm so glad i don't have to deal with walking across the bridge and into the hell that is manhattan today. been watching the news and it looks like a nightmare. plus, it's 26 degrees out. who wants to deal with walking in that? the boss man called me at 7am this morning seeing if i wanted a ride with him into the city. unfortunately (or should i say fortunately) i couldn't because i had a scheduled doctor's appt. so he asked if i could telecommute today which sounded good to me.

then at 9 the doc called and had to cancel. she couldn't get to her office. so not only did i get out of going to work, i also didn't have to deal with walking through brooklyn to my appt. it's a home day. i was toying with the idea of walking into the city to get some errands done but getting there sounds too difficult. i think i'll forget it call it a pajama day. woo-hoo! let's just hope i can get myself to JFK tomorrow! that could prove difficult. but fingers crossed that it isn't. i want my 75 degree california vacation!

2 comments:

Chase Carter said...

hoo ray!!!! someone is blogging again. Happy happy to hear that... just stopped by and was 3 whole entries behind. Oh it is a merry christmas... how is cali? I miss you my love...

xo

Chase

Chase Carter said...

ps- a good heartbreak takes 6 months to get over, not 3 weeks my love. It's the worst thing in the world and its the absolute main reason why so many of us are hardened cold bastards.

Sorry to be the one to tell you. It will probably get worse before it gets better... it totally blows. The trick is not to let your heart die. Loving again is the only realy cure. (or so they tell me, so they tell me...)

xo