Wednesday, October 06, 2004

enjoy the silence?

today was my first guest-free day in a week. it's so quiet around here. i half like it and half don't. sometimes i forget that i'm working in total silence and have to remind myself to put on a record or listen to itunes at the computer. it was great having two dj's stay with me. there was never a moment of silence. they were always playing some cool record or cd. i guess i got used to it. now it's all up to me to be the selector.

been a couple mellow days here at the old homestead. got my sleeping schedule back on track. i think i slept a whole 8, maybe even 9 hours last night. ahhh! and the weather right now is perfect. i love fall weather so much. it's sunny and bright with a hint of a chill in the air. the leaves are starting to fall, so when you walk, you get a good crunch under your feet. and the colors! oh the colors! i don't know what it is, but the light of fall is just the best. i took a walk to the bagel shop this morning and couldn't get over how vivid the red bricks looked on the buildings. or how blue the sky was against the red of the buildings. or how yellow the leaves were turning, contrasting the reds and the blues in the sky. love it!

this time of year also puts me in nesting mode. i think i'll give myself some homey projects. i need to paint my little table. and i've been wanting to do something about the neon light fixture over my turntable. and knitting! this is the perfect time to start up knitting again. and i really really really need to learn how to make soup this winter. shit, i've got to get busy. enough blogging for one day. :)

No comments: