Wednesday, February 16, 2005

a month off

it's just been settled. i'm leaving ny for a month. mid march to mid april i will be california bound. first and foremost, i'm going to spend my 30th birthday with amy who will be taking me on a fabulous road trip up the coast to santa cruz, san francisco and ending up here. pretty exciting stuff. i think i'm at the age where i'm done with big parties. i just want a little thelma and louise action, hair blowing in the wind, driving on windy california roads and embracing a new decade of life. aaahhh...

the rest of the time in so cal i want to take care of some family business. i want to deal with my storage space full of junk. i want to try to sell some crap on ebay to get rid of my debt. i want to make a little money working for my mom's company. and i want to talk to some people about a possible new business venture.

luckily i just found a subletter for the time i'll be away (god i love this part about nyc!). rent-free living for a month. yes! not only do i get to spend time with my family and west coast pals, i'll get some california sunshine at the tail end of the east coast winter. suckers!! hahaha(evil cackle)

4 comments:

Ariel said...

Funny, I have just been thinking about this whole "30th birthday" thing, and realizing that, while some friends have already been saying "WOW: THAT'S GOING TO BE A WILD FUCKING PARTY," I'm leaning away from the idea. A road trip sounds much better. I may steal the idea.

Megan Hill said...

steal away! i'm getting excited...
and who really wants to clean up beer bottles and ciggie butts on her 30th bday? i want some wheels on pavement, some tunes, a good friend, and a cool destination!

Patrick said...

You're doin' the right thing. Shy away from the black balloon, tortured drunk-fest party. If I were to do mine over again, I would go solo camping in Joshua Tree and boulder hop until I just couldn't take it anymore. Scream into the wind with the top down...that's the way to break into a new decade.

Chase Carter said...

yea yea yea.... nothing can top a good party. I don't care what all you fuckers say. Theres no need to compare... a road trip with your best friend is a rite of passage. It's got to happen at somepoint. Shit is essential. But a party that people talk about for the next decade...there is something to be said about that ALSO. I love me a good party. But the road trips have been some of the best times of my life. Your gonna have a blast.