Tuesday, August 31, 2004

this just in...

the late night news report said this about the event i witnessed earlier tonight:
because of no permits, the union square "block party" was terminated by police.

my favorite quote from a foreign tourist watching the east. 16th street "holding cell":
"i thought america was supposed to stand for freedom and free speech. sure doesn't look like that now."

so true! this is disgusting.

i'm even MORE PISSED after watching the bullshit speeches of arnold, laura and the twins. arnold is so full of crap. can he use his fucking movie one-liners anymore for political gain? "i'll be back" and "economic girly men?" give me a friggin break. laura bush looked like she just got out of her botox appointment and didn't say anything of substance ("my husband is a good man with decency and compassion." YAWN). and those twins. make me want to barf! they thought they were so damn cute. "our grannie is so not hip! she thinks sex and the city is something married people do but never talk about!" and this just about killed me "...but our parents will shake it like a polaroid picture if we ask them." THE WORST!!!!!!!!!!

i hate republicans.

on a lighter note, i just got the new jill scott album and am LOVING it! so go get it.

2 comments:

Ariel said...

Don't you love that Jill Scott? I did something rare: I deleted the tracks I'd downloaded for free, and then went and bought the album from iTunes. Gotta support talent like that!

Megan Hill said...

yay ariel! good for you. i do that too... when it's something i REEALLY like and want to support.