Friday, November 07, 2003

crap...how long have I been an independent?

i feel young and stupid right now. like i just graduated college and can't figure out how to pay my own bills. and it's pissing me off!
first of all, i finally decided to check my t-mobile cell phone minutes...a luxury i did not have when i was with AT&T (so i am i not used to checking them).
when i called the number, the nice automated lady said i owed $267!!!!!!!!! what the...
i couldn't believe it. knowing that this phone would be my only mode of vocal communication, i thought i was making the right move with getting the 1000 weekday minutes. here's where i feel stupid. when they say "weekday" minutes, i assumed that weekday meant you get a 1000 minutes per week, not per month! SHIT! so i went and checked my account online, thinking there was NO WAY i could have gone over that many minutes. sure enough. mutha fucka. more money down the drain. piece of shit! now i have to learn to manage my friggin minutes too. gggrrrr

next on the stupid scale...i got an email from my roomie today, saying that my rent check had bounced! how the hell could that have happened? i'm REALLY good at not bouncing checks and was being especially careful not to do anything dumb like that with a new roommate situation. who wants to be the new irresponsible roommate? not me! i actually pride myself on TCB (taking care of bizniz). so when i heard this, i flipped. so there i was AGAIN, checking my account balance online. when i moved here, i had to switch from bank of america since they don't have branches in NY (how stupid that the bank of AMERICA, is not in NY!). anyway, i went with citibank after washington mutual gave me the runaround. a very nice chinese man helped me set up my account, but i must admit, i couldn't really understand everything he said and i suppose a lot of it went over my head. i unknowingly signed up for this overdraft protection account (kind of like a loan situation, where if you don't have enough money in your checking account, you have $1400 to play with that you can pay back later). apparently you get checks for this "loan" account...which happen to look exactly like the regular checking account checks. these loan checks came to me in the mail first, and i've been writing those checks this whole time! so it made sense that my rent check bounced from this "loan" account. so LAME!!! the nice lady on the phone cleared it all up for me and said this happens a lot. well, they should explain a little better and make it much more clear on the "fake" checks! makes me mad!
moving across the country and switching all the stuff over that you've been so used to using can get quite confusing. guess i should start reading the fine print in my old age!

currently listening to: nik and nigel on milk audio which has some great shows!

No comments: