Wednesday, November 05, 2003

iParty Do You?

Last nights events were pretty great all around. First went to check out my friend Vicki's band, Moto Star at the rock club Don Hill's. They were excellent. Vic rocked it...she's really come out of her shell man. I remember back in college she would say that she wrote a song and I'd ask if I'd get to hear it and she'd always say she was too shy to perform. Times have changed. So cool to see your friends do their thing and be really good at. I'm proud!

After the show, I met up with Sara and Tilley and a couple of her friends who picked me up and drove us to APT to go the iParty which is my new favorite tuesday night spot. It's this groovy bar in the meat packing district that's designed like an apartment (tré hip). Anyway, on Tuesdays, these two guys, Andrew Andrew host the iParty and it's just hilarious and fun (and sorta satisfies the urge to play music for people--especially when you don't have your records with you in NY!). You'll have to click the link to find out how it works. I had gone there a couple weeks before with Greg and some friends and I played my 7 minutes on the ipod. Andrew Andrew gave me a frequent player card where they punched a hole through a picture of an ipod...5 punches and you get a free drink. I loved the gimmick, so I brought my card for this time...hoping to get closer to that free drink. After I played my set, I asked one of the Andrews if he'd punch my card. Turns out no one had ever brought their card back. I was the first one. So they loved me for it. And with that, they gave me a free drink card. Sweet!! I love Andrew Andrew (and kinda have a crush on one of them)...my favorite...gadget-loving nerdy music dorks in lab coats. HA!!

No comments: