Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Girlhood

Last night, Sara and I opted to have a chill evening after the weekend's craziness. I was going through the moviefone listing and happened upon a film called Girlhood, which I'd never heard of. Read the reviews and it sounded like an interesting story. It was going to be either this documentary or "Scary Movie 3." Thank god we decided on Girlhood. It was a fantastic film! Sara and I were both blown away with the footage that the director caught on tape. She got really intimate stories out of both of the girls featured, as well as some shocking interviews from the families. Very interesting how a young person trapped in the system will come out of it...and how their family histories play such a huge role in their respective outcomes. I don't want to say too much...it's just a great film and definitely worth seeking out.

No comments: