Monday, November 03, 2003

a crazy fun/work-filled weekend

I think I know how New Yorkers do it now...they've just got to be tired all the time!
This past weekend was my official "act like a New Yorker"--work really hard while playing really hard.
And today, I'm exhausted.
Sara arrived at my place around 6am on Friday, after I had stayed up until 4am, trying to get most of my work done before her arrival. Friday day consisted of me completing my Halloween outfit. In the process I discovered the coolest store ever in my hood--an all plastics store. I mean they had everything. I found my plastic ball and my plastic chain, got some silver spray paint and I was good to go. The death ball prop turned out remarkably well after a lot of hassle. But I was happy with it. And surprisingly, my whole costume came out rather fantastically. I was shocked...for a last minute costume, I looked pretty great. It was all about the fake blood. I never do scary halloween costumes, but I was into it!
I convinced Sara to come check out the Halloween parade in the village and I'm so glad we did. So many rad costumes. I was well impressed. I think my favorite costume at the parade was a man dressed up like a whole oven/stove, with his head popping out of a pot on the stove. So good!! We actually walked in the parade because it was easier to get to where we were going and that was the best seat in the house. We saw so many good outfits. LOVED IT!
Then it was off to brooklyn where we met up with Sara's friends who were dressed up like a pack of cheerleaders. They were a fun group and knew about some good parties around town. I think we went to a good 5 parties that night. All were pretty great too. The best was where the band !!! played. Got wasted and had a blast.
Saw a few of my KILL BILL enemies where we had some fake fight showdowns. Saw a couple other GO GO's too, but mine was by far the best! I was getting mad props all night. So satisfying. Sara's elf costume rocked too. She ran into some guy at a bar that just happened to be a producer for the movie elf and was freaking out on her costume, saying he was going to call will farrell the next day. That made her night!
Ended the night at a pizza joint for a late night drunken stuper slice and headed home. Worked all the next day in a haze. More work on Sunday, then went out last night...again in Brooklyn. Went to fantastic live dub night. So fun. That place made me wish I lived in Brooklyn man. Will definitely go back.
Sent in my presentation today, and now just playing the waiting game again. Fingers crossed that they like it!! I foresee lots more work in my future. But this is a good thing.

No comments: