Friday, November 14, 2003

friends in high places

no, not low places, high places.
not having a fax machine, or a land line has proven to be a bit of a pain in the ass the last couple weeks. with this web project i'm currently working on, i've had to get contracts and deal memos and 1-9's and W-4's and all kinds of paperwork. friggin film productions man. so annoying. so everytime the apc (assistand production coordinator) calls me, he wants my fax number. at first i tried to act professional about it, saying how i'd just moved into this "office" and hadn't set up my fax yet. likely story. then i graduated to, "well, here is the number you can fax me" which was the staples a few blocks over. turns out staples charges an ungodly ammount to fax a stinkin piece of paper...$3 for 1 sheet and $1 for any more sheets of paper. ridiculous! i had to think of something better than this. my friend greg pothier happens to work at miss sixty about 5 blocks up the street from me and when i went to visit him last, i asked if they had a fax machine. sure enough! so that is my new fax. when the apc called today he asked what number he should fax to. forget lying. i told him flat out "i'm accepting faxes from my friend's workplace. please send my faxes attention: greg. thank you." and just like that, i got my free faxes today. no muss, no fuss.

as for the project, it's going quite well. i've got the basic template done and almost all of the "about" section complete. the rest of the stuff needs to be done by mr. programmer. i'm supposed to MAYBE go down to philly next week to meet with the sci-fi channel higher up's, and possibly mr. night himself. we'll see if that happens or not. but that would be cool! work my charms on the fancy people. but wait...didn't i move to NY to get away from hollywood shit? twisted world man. but at the same time, i'm not complaining.

No comments: