Saturday, May 15, 2004

I GOT IT! I GOT IT!

thanks to each of you for sending your positive energy my way because it paid off! i got the apartment!!! the one right on the park! i gave my deposit today. i sign the lease on monday. AND i got to see it again and took some pics. yes, i'm now the dork blogger with digi cam in hand prepared to take the photos to share with y'all.
so here you have it. ladies and gentlemen (drum roll please)... i give you megan's first very own NY apartment...

first view when you walk in (nice decorative fireplace):


right side of apt (kitchen and bathroom):


left side (two big sunny windows with TREES!):


back side (door to second room which will be my office):


nice big closet in office:


the private deck (which supposedly is a hazard to use, but i WILL find a way to get out there):


view of main room from office (check those amazing high ceilings!!!):


the happy tenant:


so, what do you think? it's smallish yes, but will be perfect for just me.

when alex and i went to look at the place today this weekly farmer's market was happening ON MY STREET:



AND, last night alex and i went to the hood to check out the wong kar-wai festival happening at BAM (which is about a 5 minute walk from my new pad). we saw happy together which was amazing! i LOVED it. highly recommended.
we then stubbled upon the cutest little french bistro that ever was, on the trendy de kalb ave. (two blocks from my place).
basically, i'm already in love with my new neighborhood and i haven't even moved yet.
life is good.

1 comment:

Ariel said...

HOLY SHIT! What a find ... you've always had the good luck with finding the tres perfecto pads. Between this amazing new place and the amazing new man, I'm starting to think the Left Coast may have lost you for good. ;)