Tuesday, May 11, 2004

rain!!

last night i couldn't sleep. i had been on the phone most of the evening talking to various folks. the last one i was talking to was brett, my new friend, born and raised in NYC. this cat is cool. i really like him and he cracks me up. he totally reminds me of my good friend rick... music nerd, collector of oddities, smarty pants.
anyway, he does this radio show out of jersey which starts at 3am. unfortunately, i haven't been awake to hear it yet, but he said he was gonna do a little rainy day theme show cuz of the rain outside. and let me tell you, it was coming DOWN! crazy crazy thunder echoing through my place, and the lightning was practically coming through the windows.

i thought the rain songs was a cool idea, so i started making suggestions.
cry me a river (has that rainy intro--justin)
i can't stand the rain (missy elliot version)
singin in the rain (duh)
raindrops keep fallin on my head (burt bacharach)
come rain or come shine (billy holiday)

any more suggestions? this game is fun! no internet searches though! that's cheating...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever seen the rain?-CCR
Rain on me- Ashanti
Fool in the rain-Led Zepplin

hmm, that's all I can think of.

Anonymous said...

oh, i thought of a few more:
no rain-blind melon
here come's the rain again
blame it on the rain

Anonymous said...

"sun shower," byron morris and unity

Anonymous said...

amy, i think you're thinking of karen carpenter!
i like that song even though it's pretty cheesy.